The Bowie Metropolitan Alumni Chapter (BMAC) is pleased to announce its ACADEMIC Scholarship. The BMAC scholarship will be awarded to a deserving high school graduate, GED recipient who has applied and been accepted at Bowie State University or a candidate who is currently a full-time student. The amount to be awarded is $500 and can only be used in the applicable semester. The scholarship may be used for tuition, housing books or university expenses.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher (or justification of lower GPA).
- May major in any field.
- High School graduate or GED recipient.
- Must have applied for financial aid.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers, pastor, community leaders, or from law enforcement official, etc.
- Must write an essay or brief description of why you feel you qualify for this scholarship.
- Is required to volunteer for the Alumni Association during the academic year of receipt.
Application must be typed and received by the posted due date. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Please place your name in the top right corner of each page of the application and essay.
Application and related documents should be emailed to Bowie Metropolitan Alumni Chapter Scholarship Committee. Note: The email address can found in the last paragraph of the application.
Next scholarship window is Dec 2023
For any questions and/or additional information, please feel free to Contact Us here.